The LIBPF UI (User Interface) product adds a user friendly interface and enhanced reporting capabilities to LIBPF.
The LIBPF UI module is required if personnel has to interact with the computation server for desktop, off-line use. Potential applications include:
- Licensors can deliver interactive mass and heat balances along with the traditional PDP (Process Design Package);
- Sales people can perform preliminary calculations of utilities consumption and yield to improve the accuracy of their estimates;
- Process engineers can perform interactive Process Flowsheeting for design, troubleshooting, technology investigation/feasibility study, process development.
LIBPF UI is multilingual and speaks 12 languages: Modern Standard Arabic, simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. The LIBPF User Interface runs under several operating systems, such as Apple OSX 10.5 or later: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7: and Linux:
Through LIBPF User Interface it is possible to:
- Set the operating parameters and the options;
- Calculate simulation cases and perform sensitivity studies;
- Save, restore and delete the simulation cases;
- Browse results for streams and units;
- Export mass and energy balances for all streams as spread-sheets (Microsoft Excel or OpenDocument ODF).
The type of manipulations the users can perform and the amount of information they can access can be exactly bounded; non-skilled users can be prevented from manipulating the connectivity or supplying unreasonable inputs (bounds checking); licensees can be prevented from understanding the model details.