Open source User Interface for LIBPF®
The LIBPF® UI (User Interface) product adds a user friendly interface and enhanced reporting capabilities to LIBPF®.
The LIBPF® UI module is required if personnel has to interact with the computation server for desktop, off-line use. Potential applications include:
- Licensors can deliver interactive mass and heat balances along with the traditional PDP (Process Design Package);
- Sales people can perform preliminary calculations of utilities consumption and yield to improve the accuracy of their estimates;
- Process engineers can perform interactive Process Flowsheeting for design, troubleshooting, technology investigation/feasibility study, process development.
LIBPF® UI is multilingual and speaks 12 languages: Modern Standard Arabic, simplified Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
The LIBPF® User Interface runs under several operating systems, such as Apple macOS 14.1 or later:
Microsoft Windows 10:
Through LIBPF® User Interface it is possible to:
- Set the operating parameters and the options;
- Calculate simulation cases and perform sensitivity studies;
- Save, restore and delete the simulation cases;
- Browse results for streams and units;
- Export mass and energy balances for all streams as spread-sheets (Microsoft Excel or OpenDocument ODF).
The type of manipulations the users can perform and the amount of information they can access can be exactly bounded; non-skilled users can be prevented from manipulating the connectivity or supplying unreasonable inputs (bounds checking); licensees can be prevented from understanding the model details.